- April 7- Socrates Brito tied the Aces franchise record for hits in a game, going 5-for-5.
- April 8- Cody Decker homered in his first at-bat with the Aces.
- May 31- Aces recorded a season-high 20 runs against Las Vegas.
- June 17- Ildemaro Vargas extended his season-high hitting streak to 16 games.
- June 19- Ildemaro Vargas recorded his 300th career hit with Reno.
- June 27- Socrates Brito named to Triple-A All-Star Team.
- June 27- Kevin Cron launched a career-high three home runs against Salt Lake.
- July 4- The Aces sold-out attendance of 10,311 was third in franchise history.
- July 5- Socrates Brito named June’s PCL Player of the Month.
Vargas’ streak continues as Aces top River CatsAces’ Shortstop Ildemaro Vargas extended his hitting streak to 14 games in an 8-2 victory over Sacramento.Through the streak, Vargas is hitting .362 (25-for-69) with 10 RBIs, three stolen bases and nine runs scored. His 16-game hitting streak is the longest for the Aces this season. Early Sunday morning, Vargas was added to the Triple-A All-Star team in Columbus, Ohio.“Vargas has come a long way this season,” Aces’ skipper Greg Gross said. “He’s made strides on both sides and he’s well deserving of the honor.” Aces’ Catcher Anthony Recker finished three-for-four with a triple, double and one RBI. He’s hitting .314 with 10 home runs and 35 RBIs this season. He and Michael Perez split time behind the dish. Reno laced another 13 hits. Cesar Peullo finished three-for-three with four RBIs. Rey Feuentes and Kevin Cron had one RBI apiece. Southpaw Alex Young added his third win of the season. He went six strong innings, surrendering one run on seven hits and one walk with two strikeouts. With the win, the Aces took four games of the five-game series. Reno will get a well-deserved three days off during the All-Star break. “I’m not worried about losing our momentum offensively,” Gross said. “It’s all predicated on who we are facing on the mound that next game. I’m confident we will keep this up.” River Cats’ starter Jordan Johnson added his third loss this year. Johnson pitched 3.2 innings, giving up three runs on five hits and three walks with four strikeouts. His ERA sits at 7.27. Orlando Calixte and Eury Perez each had one RBI apiece. Miguel Gomez added two hits. The teams were tied 1-1 in the second inning. The Aces plated two in the fourth and sixth. Reno closed the game with another three runs in the seventh. Notes: Vargas and Brito will be making their second consecutive Triple-A All-Star Game appearances. … Kevin Cron Is batting .462 with eight homers and 24 RBIs over his last 10 games. The Aces are 1-8 all-time in games played on July 8.
On Deck: After the All-Star break, the Aces (42-48) will travel to El Paso to face the Chihuahuas (50-40) July 12 to open a four-game series. Reno will return home July 16.
— Isaiah Burrows