University of Nevada seniors Jordan Caroline and Caleb Martin have been named to the United States Basketball Writers Association Oscar Robertson Trophy midseason watch list. They are one of three pairs of teammates, the only Mountain West players and two of the 20 players selected to the watch list.
Members of the association’s board of directors chose the players to be included on the list as contenders for the National Player of the Year. The award is to be presented by its namesake at the NCAA Final Four in Minneapolis in April.
The Wolf Pack duo are both averaging a team high 18.8 points per game for the sixth ranked and 11-0 Pack.
Caroline is averaging a double-double grabbing 10.2 rebounds to go along with his 18.8 points per game. He has seven double-doubles in the Pack’s 11 games and five 20-point contests. Three times he has earned Mountain West Player of the Week. He has scored in double figures in all 11 games this season.
- CAROLINE’S ADDITIONAL 2018-19 Honors
– Mountain West media preseason team
– Nov. 12, Dec. 3 and Dec. 10 MW Player of the Week
– Continental Tire Las Vegas Holiday Invitational All-Tournament team
Martin is averaging 5.2 rebounds and 2.9 assists in addition to his 18.8 points per game. Six times he has scored 20 or more points in a contest and has also reached double figures in all 11 games. He garnered his first MW Player of the Week honor this season.
- MARTIN’S ADDITIONAL 2018-19 Honors|
– Associated Press preseason All-America selection
– ESPN preseason All-America selection
– Mountain West preseason Player of the Year
– Mountain West preseason team
– Julius Erving Award preseason watch list
– NABC, Wooden and Naismith watch lists
– Continental Tire Las Vegas Holiday Invitational MVP
– Named to Lute Olson Award watch list
– Nov. 26 MW Player of the Week