Mountain Vibe Music Festival celebrates 10 years in July
It’s all about the vibe.
You’ve heard me say before that in early summer, a mid-July trip to Calaveras County starts calling our names. We’re already prepping for the celebration of a decade-long campfire dream turned into reality by festival founder Allen Drachman.
We look forward to this weekend and we work to convince potential vibers to join us. Usually, they want to go every year afterward. This year takes it to a whole new level, with three full days of music and camping from Friday, July 12 to Sunday, July 14. The extra day has spawned a new social-
media hashtag: #takemondayoff.
Festival volunteers keep it moving in harmony. When you hear comments about the magical moments at Mountain Vibe, you can bet they come from the heart. The connections we feel to each other — and add to every year — is magical. We all have our stories of who and how we met. We strengthen the bonds each year and try to get together as much as possible. Many festival attendees and bands call California home, but Nevada has grown a strong presence, as well. We look forward to seeing how far the guests will travel in for the big 10-year celebration
Blue Mountain Event Center in Wilseyville, California, offers a beautiful campground and old barn the hosts transform into a great stage area. Vendors surround the stage, offering yummy food and beverages. The sound is bigger than ever this year and there will be a large shade-covered area in front of the barn where vibers and can shade down to watch the bands.
There is bound to be something for everyone. This festival covers a lot of different genres, but it all seems to blend well into the next act. Festivalgoers can cool off in the creek just behind the stage. It runs along the entire property. With the wonderful winter in the the Sierra, the creek will be flowing freely.
Mountain Vibe sets up a unique disc golf course and has a buy-in tournament. A big fishing pond is available to have for some family fun. The kids even get their own area called “Baby Shoe,” where no drinking is allowed and it’s filled with fun activities to do with the kids.
We reached out to several people involved with the festival to lget their perspectives:
* Stephanie Rickher, lead singer of the band Swoon, has played nine of the 10 years: “Mountain Vibe is like New Years for our band. It’s the time we look forward to all year and the time we check in with each other and remember why we do what we do. The MV family is our family. All the things music and togetherness are about are on display year after year and we love every second of it.”-
* Tiffany Tio of the media team: “I plan for this event all year long. Great bands and camping with some of my favorite people. I always have fun working this festival with Pheonix. I’m always taking pics and video and I love interviewing the bands. Super excited to take a longer trip this year and my birthday is Friday night so we are celebrating! I can’t wait to see what Year 10 has to offer. I’ll have my camera in hand.”
* Allen Drachman, founder/CEO Mountain Vibe Entertainment (the man with the plan): “I am so humbled to reach the 10-year milestone of this amazing camping, music and OHV concept music festival. This production would not have reached this level of success and duration without all the wonderful people who have been involved since day one. This year, we have added a third day of music for all to enjoy — so take Monday off! We have some exciting plans for the Mountain Vibe Family as we celebrate the 10th anniversary Mountain Vibe Music Festival together. The festival goes on!
* Forrest Day, veteran Mountain Vibe musician whose band carries his name: “A 10-year anniversary of anything on this scale is an amazing milestone. It takes good people top to bottom working hard and well together to make it possible. Mountain Vibe is a labor of love and deserves its success. Happy to have laid some brick in it and we can’t wait to play this year. Evil plans!”
* Ariana Brooke, bassist for the band Mookatite, will play her first show: “I am so excited to be apart of Mountain Vibe X! I have attended the last two years, not expecting to run into so many familiar faces my first year there. Both weekends were so beautiful, welcoming and fun to experience and I can’t wait to share my band’s music this time around.”-
Check out photos from previous years on Facebook by Pheonix Gruneich: https://www.facebook.com/PhotographybyPheonix/ (also on Instagram)
Photos by Tiffany Tio: https://www.facebook.com/PurpleDoorPhotos/
We came together to do video : Team Green Productions https://www.facebook.com/teamgreenproduction/
Download the guide to your mobile to have on hand all weekend. Service is spotty at best out in the woods so enjoy unplugging and just take the phone out for pics and video memories. Mountain Vibe Music Festival is on Facebook and Instagram. Hit that follow button to stay up to date. See you soon, vibe tribe.
Check out and absorb the Mountain Vibe website at www.mountainvibemusic.com
— Pheonix Gruneich
ABOUT Pheonix Gruneich
Photojournalist Pheonix Gruneich is a native of Southern California where her love of music began. She moved to Tahoe when she was 16. She now resides in the Carson Valley. She is a lover of arts and, most of all, live music!
#COVID19 case updates for #ElDoradoCounty & #LakeTahoe. @CountyElDorado +26 since Friday, #SouthLakeTahoe area +11, #DouglasCounty +7, 5 of those at LakeTahoe, #WashoeCounty +120, #PlacerCounty +220 ...#StaySafe #WashYourHands #WearAMaskSaveALife #6Feet http://southtahoenow.com/story/08/10/2020/covid-19-case-update-lake-tahoe-area-counties
Per multiple reports, the Mountain West Conference canceled all fall sports with hopes of a football season in the spring. This decision affects multiple fall sports at the University of Nevada. Story via @NevadaSagebrush.