Famed organ player Roger Nyquist will perform at 7 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 27 in the St. Patrick’s Episcopal Church at Incline Village.
It will be the first Lake Tahoe performance for Nyquist since the church acquired the organ in 2005. He has performed and instructed for 50 years and recently released his 30th album.
Organizer David Brock wrote, “Technical mastery, rhythmic energy, faithfulness to score, absolutely clean (with every note audible) and power of musical expression are the ever present elements in a Nyquist performance.”
The program includes:
- n J.S. Bach, “Fantasy in G Minor”
- n Oliver Messiaen, “The Children of God,” from “The Nativity of our Lord”
- n Henri Mulet, Toccata “Thou Art the Rock”
- n Camille Saint-Saens, “Improvisation # 7”
- n Louis-Claude D’Aquin, “Noel Etranger”
Nyquist also will perform a composition written by his student Nord Johnson..
Advance tickets are $15, available online at www.DavidBrockMusic.com. Tickets at the door are $20, cash or check. Children are free with a paid adult. For more information, call 775-781-4702